Welcome to the Communities of Practice on the Knowledge Hub for Green Technologies. To make the cooperation on this Platform pleasant, reliable and as safe as possible for all Users, the following rules apply.
2. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH maintains this Platform as a courtesy to those who wish to access the Platform ("Users"). The information presented herein is for informational purposes only. GIZ permits Users to visit the Platform and to download and copy information, documents, and materials (collectively, "Content") from the Platform for the User's personal, non-commercial use, without the right to resell or redistribute the same or to create or compile derivative works therefrom, subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and subject to more specific restrictions that may apply to particular content within this Platform.
4. GIZ reserves the exclusive right to modify, restrict or discontinue the Platform or any Content at its sole discretion. GIZ is not obligated to consider the needs of Users in this regard.
5. GIZ reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deny any User access to this Platform or any part thereof without notice.
6. The passing on of personal data of the Users to third parties outside of the Platform is not permitted.
8. The content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. The Content provided on this Platform is provided "as is" and without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. In particular, GIZ makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of these materials. GIZ periodically adds to, changes, improves, or updates the materials on this Platform without prior notice. Under no circumstances shall GIZ be liable for any loss, damage, liability, or expense alleged to have been caused by the use of this Platform, including but not limited to any errors, omissions, interruptions or delays in connection therewith. Use of this Platform is at the sole risk of the User. Under no circumstances, including but not limited to negligence, shall GIZ be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages, even if GIZ has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
9. The User expressly acknowledges and agrees that GIZ is not liable for the conduct of any user.
10. This Platform may contain advice, opinions, and statements from various information providers. The GIZ does not guarantee the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinions, statements, or other information provided by any information provider, any user of this Platform, or any other person or entity. Reliance on such advice, opinions, statements, or other information is at the User's own risk. Neither the GIZ, the United Nations or their affiliates, nor any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall be liable to any user or other person for any inaccuracies, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, alterations or use of the content contained herein, or for the timeliness or completeness thereof, nor shall they be liable for any failure of performance, computer virus or communications line failure, regardless of cause, or for any damages resulting therefrom.
11. This Platform may contain links and references to third party websites. The linked sites are not under the control of the GIZ, and the GIZ is not responsible for the content of any linked site, or any link contained in a linked site. The GIZ is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link or reference does not imply endorsement by the GIZ of the linked site. If this Platform contains bulletin boards, chat rooms, mailing list access, or other message or communication facilities (collectively, "Community of Practice"), the User agrees to use the Community of Practice only to send and receive messages and materials that are appropriate and relevant to the particular Community of Practice.
By way of example and not limitation, the User agrees that when using a Community of Practice, the User will not:
(a) Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the rights of others (e.g., rights of privacy and publicity);
(b) Publish, post, distribute or disseminate defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information;
(c) upload or attach files containing software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy and publicity) unless User owns or controls the rights to that or has obtained all consents to that required by law
(d) upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or other similar software or programs that may interfere with the operation of another's computer;
(e) delete any copyright notices, legal notices or proprietary designations or markings in uploaded files;
(f) falsify the origin or source of software or other material contained in an uploaded file;
(g) advertise or offer for sale any goods or services, or conduct or forward any surveys, contests, or chain letters, or download any files posted by another user of a Community of Practice that the User knows or reasonably should know may not be legally distributed in this manner.
12. The User acknowledges that all Communities of Practice are public and not private communications. Further, the User acknowledges that chats, postings, conferences, e-mails, and other communications by other Users are not endorsed by GIZ and that such communications may not be considered reviewed, controlled, or approved by GIZ. GIZ reserves the right to remove Community of Practice content received from Users without cause and without notice.
13. Push Notifications: When using the Platform, you may receive push notifications. In most cases, you can opt out of receiving push notifications by changing your device settings or preferences in your profile on the Platform (different device configurations or device updates may affect or change how these settings work).